Does anything scream summer more than fresh hierloom tomatoes and basil? Before I went dairy free Caprese salad used to be my all time favorite appetizer. Served with some crusty bread and high quality olive oil, it just couldn’t be beat.
When I discovered this brand of Vegan Mozzarella, I was so excited! I knew the first thing I would make with it was Caprese Crostini’s. This vegan cheese is made using cashews and the texture and taste is so similar to regular mozzarella, people cant even tell the difference!
This recipe is makes a delicious appetizer for summer or we have even ate it for a light dinner served alongside a salad. Its definitely a crowd pleaser, and is a great addition to any potluck or gathering as well.
It only takes about 20 minutes to throw together and you can easily adjust the quantities for more or less. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Just writing this is making me want it right now. 🙂
Vegan Caprese Crostini
- 6 slices Vegan Mozzarella 2 ounces portions per slice
- 6 slices Crusty bread or baguette double check bread is vegan if you are unsure
- 6-8 leaves Fresh Basil use more or less depending on the size of the leaves
- 2-3 Hierloom Tomates, sliced can sub regular tomatoes, qty depends on size of tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Micro Greens optional
- 1-2 Tbls Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 2 Tbls Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbls Date syrup can sub honey but then it wont be vegan
- Place your sliced baguette on a large serving plate
- Layer on your sliced mozzarella, then your tomatoes, then your basil
- Drizzle with your olive oil and sprinkle your sea salt over the top, generously
- Whisk your balsamic and your date syrup together in a small bowl
- Drizzle your balsamic mixture over the top of the crostini's, and garnish with your micro greens (optional)