I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for zucchini bread, and this recipe has been my tried and true for a couple years now. It’s moist, flavorful, and so easy to make! I often make a double batch of this and store it in the freezer so I can have a slice whenever my heart desires.
This recipe also happens to be gluten-free and vegan, but you can easily swap many of these ingredients for others you have on hand if you don’t have these specific dietary needs. For those looking for a good gluten-free flour option, this one made by Bob’s Red Mill is my favorite!
While many people are already moving onto pumpkin bread as we gear up for Fall, I’m still not ready to let go of zucchini bread quite yet. It’s also perfect for sneaking in those extra veggies for the kids! They wont even know that this is healthy or has vegetables in it. 🙂
You can also make this recipe into muffins instead of bread if you’d like! I’ve included some extra notes below if you want to go that route. Both ways are equally delicious!
Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread with Dark Chocolate Chips
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 9×5 Loaf Pan
- Mixing Spoon
- Parchment paper
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil Can sub other mild oil, or melted vegan butter
- 1/3 Cup Almond Milk Can sub other milk of choice!
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar Can sub brown sugar
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbls Ground Flaxseeds Can sub chia seeds
- 1 Cup Shredded or Grated Zucchini About half of the moisture squeezed out (see instructions below)
- 1 1/2 Cups 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 Cup Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your loaf pan with parchment paper. If you don't have parchment paper, grease well with oil.
- In your mixing bowl, add your coconut oil, almond milk, ground flaxseeds, coconut sugar and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Using a paper towel, squeeze out some of the moisture in the zucchini (about half) and then add the zucchini to your mixing bowl, stir to combine.
- Add your flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon to your wet ingredients and stir gently to combine. Do not over mix.
- Fold in your chocolate chips, and pour mixture into your parchment lined (or greased) loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes in the pan, then transfer it to a cooling rack to let it cool completely before you slice it. Enjoy!